Thursday, March 29, 2007

I'm back

Sorry its taken me a little time to get this stuff posted. Anywho -
Wednesday's pages were to be of Family/Husband.
I originally thought i'd go to my ready-to-go file and pull out a bag with a bunch of wedding photos from my nephews wedding last summer. I decided against that and went for some vacation photos from last summer. There are still a few pictures left in that bag but i did manage to do a 2 page spread of a little side trip we made to Cape May. There would have been even more photos of Cape May but my camera decided to break during our trip. Now that was awful. Me without a camera - and all those gorgeous Victorian homes in Cape May i'd been dying to see and photograph. The trip was in August and for my birthday (in September) i got a new camera. Phew.

On the right hand side you can see i made a pocket out of a page protector. (I always have some kind of memorabilia i want to save, so i do a lot of pocket pages.) I sewed that on to the cardstock after i had put down a photo. For the title block i used some Purple Onion Designs alpha stamps - Pink Flamingo Large. Stamped those in versamark and added some Tim Holtz Distress Antique Linen embossing powder (which looks kinda like sand in this venue). The patterned paper on the left hand side is Karen Foster. I used a Quickutz sand dollar die that i covered in versamark and then dusted with Pearl Ex micropearl.
You know as basic as these are i wish i could say they didnt take any time. I still take way too long doing this stuff. Its my way, i guess, to work slowly. I think of things i'd like to do and then hem and haw about doing them. And end up doing it anyway. Oh well. They are still done and that is the important thing. I need to think less and do more - how bout that!?!?

No comments: