Tuesday, October 30, 2007

How to fix those not-so-good pictures


does anyone know?
Oh you thought I was going to tell YOU?!
Silly.
First of all - 21 years ago there were no digital cameras (at least not that I know of). I was using a Pentax - not anything automatic and I really hadn't a clue what I was doing. Sort of a hit or miss affair. Back then - I just wanted to take the pictures and for the most part i did ok. These are evidence of my lack of skill with that camera however I have photos and that's what I cared about.
When i pulled out these pictures they looked decidedly Christmas-y.
And they are not Christmas pictures.
Really.
My husband's Aunt had sent this adorable bear to my son as a gift. And I had good intentions of taking photos of our son every month (after receiving it) with the bear to chart our son's growth - seeing as the bear was so large I thought it would be funny to see when our son actually overtook him - sizewise (of course if you'll notice in the photos, my dear son had some major double chins goin on - gawd the child was adorable - if you only knew what he looked like now you'd fully appreciate the irony - think very slim). Anyway that didn't happen - the monthly photo taking - but I do have these photos (and some others with the bear that you'll see soon).
And they looked like Christmas. Until I decided to pair the photos with this paper by KI Memories and some Bazzill cardstock. I wanted to take the Christmas out so i opted for blues and greens. And actually i think it worked. The alpha stickers are also KI.
That's all for today folks. Go make a page!

3 comments:

June Houck said...

If the pictures are not great, it is not obvious because your main subject is SO DARN CUTE!!! The scrapbook page works for me with the blues and greens.

orneryswife said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog and will link on mine. I am a scrapbooker, and I love that you are busy using up your old stuff instead of out buying new. I sure have a TON of old stuff to use up!

I am also a fan of KI papers. Drop in and visit at Miller Manor sometime!
TM

Lisa Renéa said...

aaaahhhh...how precious is this layout? Love it. I sweary, I nearly tear up every time, I see these sweet layouts.