Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It's Tuesday

but i'm not posting something yet about the category for the day - me
i will give you another pic of some pages i made last week but first i'm going to digress a little and tell you about 2 books.
The first one i just included in my sidebar - i'd pulled it out last nite and realized i should mention it here:
Scrapbooking Life's Little Treasures by Rebecca Sower
if you don't have this little treasure i highly recommend it. I think i've got most every idea book there ever was - up until about 1 year ago - when i decided they weren't doing me any good. (I don't want to put anyone's book down - i had just come to a place where it was not for me anymore. I was on my way mentally to the Suzy place i'm now at in my head - how's that?)
I absolutely adore this book. I return to it over and over to just look at and be inspired by. I actually have her other book Scrapbooking Life's Little Secrets as well - and a fine book it is - but the Treasures book will always rank among my favorites.
If you're interested I'm sure you can find it available from the Creating Keepsakes website.
Okay - i said 2 books
The second book is a novel.
Rockville Pike by Susan Coll
here's a link to it on amazon ( i wish i could figure out how to hide these links within the title - however )
I'd read a review in the Washington Post some time ago about this book - named after a road in not-s0-far-away Maryland. I am always amused by books with familiar locales in them (and we always get hysterical at references to the area in movies - they always show lovely locations but the actual geography of living in the Nation's Capital area - well you never see the traffic in the movies and it never seems to take any time to get anywhere LOL) but what really intrigued me is that the main character gets involved in scrapbooking! It's a small but somewhat important part of the story. I don't know if I'd necessarily recommend the book but it was strangely amusing and the references to scrapbooking definitely had been researched (perhaps the author had been to a Creative Memories party or two).
Okay here a few more layouts i've accomplished. Nothing fancy but I had a lot of photos of places in Washington, DC. We'd done a day downtown for the Cherry Blossom Festival and to see 2 of the monuments we hadn't been to (WWII and Korean War) and revisited a few others (Lincoln and VietNam). I used some River City Rubber Works stamps as well as Quickutz Zoe.

1 comment:

Donna Layton said...

OMG...I love the way you scrapped all these photos! Wow. I would still have them in the envelope for sure. It seems so daunting to scrap that many photos. I love it. That novel sounds good too. I think it's so cool when something is referenced that you are intimately familiar with. It's kinda cool.