Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Easter Pictures

I was actually able to get a 2 page spread done today - yeah!

Today is Wednesday so that means "Family/Husband" so why not do pictures of the Husbands family?
We went to my brother-in-law's home for Easter dinner. And that's exactly what I took photos of - the dinner table. Well, actually, the adult dinner table (which included the youngest child who is about 22 months old and a pistol - the other 5 kids ate on their own and it worked out fine - my "kid" is a little old now for the kid table - so she sat with the adults).
You know one of the things I love about scrapbooking? It's the reliving the event or the moment as you create the pages. We had such a nice day on Easter. It was nice going over it all in my head. And it is certainly easier to journal events that just happened a short time ago - everything is so clear in your head.
I know its probably not fashionable to scrap "events" but I don't mind it at all. Actually it makes it quite simple if you ask me! I went thru my considerable stash of shtuff and found this sheet of O'Scrap Easter images - I figured why not use some of those - they were light and pastel and the photos seemed a little dark. Together the combo worked out just fine. I used some light colored cardstock that complimented the photos and the O'Scrap embellishment and it came out nicely. Oh and I used my Quickutz - Studio font for the title.
Remember I'm not trying to win any awards or get in any magazines - I'm trying to get these memories put in a scrapbook AND use up my supplies. The pages work - and my family will love them so what more could I want?
Tomorrow is Thursday - My Kids is the topic. Let's see what I can do with that!

No comments: