Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Paperclipping Roundtable

It's been a long time since I've posted but here I am. I haven't stopped scrapbooking at all. There was a time, due to work committments, I had to put it on hold a little - but rest assured Suzy lives.
I've wanted to blog here for quite a while but decided time was better spent working on pages etc.
So why am I here today? Well I don't know about you but I scrap better with accompaniment in the form of music, tv shows, or podcasts. (I always studied this way too - gotta have some background noise!) I recently found "The Paperclipping Roundtable". It's a podcast I download via itunes. They have a new show every Wednesday and have some regular members as well as guests. Scrapbooking type folks - like Stacy Julian and Ali Edwards. I've enjoyed listening, for the most part. My only - i hesitate to use the word - complaint - is the endless references to "the industry". The members are part of "the industry" yet want to reassure listeners they are "just regular scrapbookers". It is a bit tiresome. I think we can just say - they work in the biz - and move on. Get back to talking about scrapbooking.
Which in today's episode they did!
I really enjoyed listening to the discussion of tools (always a fun topic for scrapbookers!) Hearing the members talk about the tools they've bought that were stinkers (frank and funny comments) as well as tools they'd like to buy: Renee Pearson telling how she'd like to have a Slice - Lain saying she loved her Slice so much she got rid of her Silhouette and the other members chime in with "ooooooooooo" - it was like listening to a group of your friends talking at a crop. And for me, today's show was just what I was looking for in a scrapbooking podcast just for that reason. There was information and fun girl chat (Izzy - the lone male member- notwithstanding - who, by the way is very entertaining himself).
I'd like to also mention that in addition to a weekly topic, there are segments for scrapbook industry news and product picks to round out the show.
So - if you haven't listened to the Paperclipping Roundtable, check it out. Dowload via itunes (or you can listen here.
Ok... hoping to be back soon to update on my scrapbooking progress!

No comments: